Mutt and IMAP connections

    Hi all :)

    I'm planning to switch my spoolfile to my remote IMAP mailbox,
but I have a doubt. I know how to configure Mutt to do that, but I'm
concerned about connections. Since my ISP wants me to do
'pop-before-SMTP' authentication, IMAP is a solution, since the SMTP
server will accept my outgoing mail as long as I'm connected to the
IMAP server. The problem is the connection: will Mutt keep the IMAP
connection open if I switch to a local mailbox? I want to know what
would happen if I switch to any of my local mailboxes to reply to an
email stored there. If the connection is still open at that time, the
outgoing email will be accepted, otherwise it will bounce back.

    OTOH, I would like to know what will happen if I go to my IMAP
folder, go to a local mailbox and back to my IMAP folder: will a new
connection be opened or will the last one used instead?

    Thanks a lot in advance :)

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736