Re: send-hook syntax

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 11:37:34PM EST, Deb wrote:

> www.mutt.org doesn't seem to be responding tonight... so here
> I am once again...  :-)
>
> When I send an email to a username of the form
>
>    userN     (where N = 1-9999)
>
> I want the To: addr to end up being: userN@xxxxxxxxxxx

Here's a brute froce method:
alias user1 user1@xxxxxxxxxxx
alias user2 user2@xxxxxxxxxxx
etc.

(Obviously, you'd want to autogenerate that with a script, unless you
happen to find somebody who forgot his AFDB at home, in which case
you may may be able to get him to do the dirty work for you with some
psychowhatever power or something. . .)

> ie, I want to post-append @thatdom.com onto a username (that
> is not an alias) that ends in a number (it really doesn't
> have to be 1-9999).
>
> Any ideas??

You may want to make an address query script that creates the addresses
instead.

>                http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html

 - Dave [reminding Mutt users everywhere to always wear their alumininium AFDBs]

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel