MH Problems

Greetings.

I have configured Mutt to use MH-style mailboxes rather than the default
mbox-style.  It's taken a bit of searching to get as far as I have, but
there are still some things impairing Mutt's full functionality.  I'll
spell them out.

Monitoring subscribed mailboxes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have all the mailboxes I want mutt to keep an eye on set out in the
proper way, e.g. 'mailboxes =mutt-users =inbox'.  However, when messages
are delivered, Mutt will indicate (and beep_new) their arrival only for
the mailbox whose index I'm currently in.  It also does not mark
messages as new ("N"), neither in the current index nor in ones I change
to.

Deleting doesn't delete
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Deleting messages and syncing a mailbox does vanish them from the index,
but they seem to remain in the MH directory as comma-prefaced filenames,
e.g. ,430.

I guess this all has to do with updating MH sequences, which are dealt
with in each directory in a file called .mh_sequences.  I have procmail
piping messages to mailboxes through rcvstore from the nmh package,
e.g.:
:0 : /home/dle/.rcvstore$LOCKEXT
| /usr/lib/nmh/rcvstore +inbox

So, what can I do (if anything) to fix these problems?

Thanks,
--
Dave Edwards <dleSympaticoCa>
Freelance and Technical Writer,