maildir problem

Hi all. I am aware that I'm not subscribed to the list, however I just
had a quick question. In my global Muttrc, I have set mbox_type=Maildir,
and set spoolfile=~/Maildir. When I login to a user account in hopes
that Mutt will create the Maildir, after answering y to the prompt
"/home/igueths/Maildir does not exist, create it? Mutt then complains
that /home/igueths/Maildir is not a mailbox. Does anyone know why Mutt
would complain aobut this, considering that it created the mailbox in
the first place? Thanks in advance for any help! P.S: Please CC all
replies to igueths@xxxxxxxxxxxx