Re: Control key and <enter-command> macros in 1.5.6

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Todd wrote:

> I'm hoping someone can smack me with the proper cluestick here and
> help me figure out what's going wrong.  I've got a few macros that are
> defined as \cx and start with <enter-command>.  Since installing
> 1.5.6, these no longer work.
>
> To simplify things, I started mutt with an empty muttrc and bypassed
> the system config file (mutt -n -F ~/.mutt/empty).  I enter a test
> macro
>
>     macro index \cq ":set ?quit\n" "test macro"
>
> which then shows up in the help menu.  Pressing ^q does nothing.  In
> 1.5.5.1, it would display "quit=yes" as expected.  Also, other macros
> using the control key function fine.  I haven't tested a lot, but I
> know I have some that use <shell-escape> and <pipe-entry> which still
> work.
>
> I suspect that it has to do with my switch from slang to ncurses for
> the 1.5.6 build.  That's the most obvious change I made here.  Any

maybe less obvious - ^q seems to work fine in ncurses' test program. But
that's using raw+keypad.  mutt appears to be using cbreak+keypad,
which means that some line-control characters are interpreted.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net