Re: enable-buffy-size

On 2004-02-06, Ken Weingold <bofh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am finding very often at my shell account that mutt is not telling
> me about new mail, though I can see in mutt -y that some mailboxes
> have in fact been changes, therefore having new mail, since I had last
> checked.  Though these mailboxes are not marked with an N, there is in
> fact new mail when I go into them.  There is a lot of use of NFS here,
> which has been suggested as the source of the problem.  Would
> rebuilding mutt with --enable-buffy-size in fact solve this problem?
> It's really irritating.

We use a lot of NFS here, too--$HOME is NFS-mounted, $MAIL is
NFS-mounted--I think the only things not NFS-mounted to this machine
are /tmp and /dev.  I also had problems with new-mail detection
until I rebuilt mutt with --enable-buffy-size and I haven't had any
problems since.  I don't know for a fact that it will solve your
problem, but it seems likely that it will and seems worth a try.

Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division