Re: Copying all the messages to another mailbox

Anthony --

...and then Anthony Ivanoff said...
%
% Hello,

Hi!

%
% In my .muttrc I have the following line:
%
% macro index * "T~A<Return>C~/mbox<Return><Return>;d$"

Interesting.  And what do you think that really does?

%
% By this macro I wanted to select all the messages, copy them all into ~/mbox,
delete them from current mailbox (/var/spool/mail/anton) and synchronize
current mailbox.

So THAt's what you want it to do.  That's another thing entirely :-)  By
the way, why would you want to copy and delete when you could just save?

%
% It works except that only one message is being copied to ~/mbox, not all the
selected. Manual says it is right: "C" command copies only one message. But how
do I copy all the messages at once?

You appear to know about tag-prefix since you appear to be deleting all
of your tagged messages.  Surely you'd want to do the same to all of the
messages that you're copying (better yet saving), right?

%
% And maybe there is another way to move all the messages I have read from
/var/spool/mail/anton to ~/mbox?

Most people just set $move :-)  See the manual for more.

HTH & HAND

:-D
(play) davidtg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx * society and not sufficient moral courage.
(work) davidtgwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  -- Mary Baker Eddy, "Science and Health"