Re: color indicator inverse inverse ?

in message <20040201025454.GA12483@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
wrote John Iverson thusly...

> On Wed 28 Jan 2004 at 03:49pm -0500, Darxus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > I would like to set the colors of the "indicator" in the index
> > to be inverse of the text it is over, since I've been colorizing
> > them by things like the From: address - covering the color of
> > the currently selected email is frustrating.
> >
> > Is this possible in some way I've missed ?
>
> Newer versions of mutt (with ncurses) do this by default ("mono
> indicator reverse").

I have read that more than twice now.  I tried putting the indicator
setting both before and after rest of the color settings; disabling
the 'color' command & keeping only 'mono'; disabling both.  No cigar.

With 'mono indicator reverse' or no indicator setting, i only get
white/grey as the background & black as foreground, regardless what
happen to be background/foreground colors when indicator is not on one
of the entries.

Say, in index context, a line has yellow as the foreground color &
black as background.  I would like to have those colors reversed:
black in foreground, yellow in background.

I am using mutt 1.5.4i (FreeBSD port version 1.5.4_8 w/ external
patches) in xterm. The ncurses library is /usr/lib/libncurses.so.5
(FreeBSD 4.8-p14).

What else am i missing?

  - Parv