Re: dumb SMTP program for Solaris wanted

Chris Green <chris@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm looking for a dumb SMTP sender for Solaris 2.6.  So far I've tried
> esmtp and nullmailer.
[...]
> nullmailer doesn't compile after configuring OK.

I didn't see a report of this on the author's mailing list regarding the
problem.  I'm sure he'd like to know about compile problems so he can fix
them; please report it even if you're no longer interested in using
nullmailer.

> Can anyone suggest an SMTP program that does compile reasonably easily
> on Solaris?  (or even better point me at a ready built binary)

qmail compiles in approximately twenty seconds on modern machines (under 10 on
heavy iron), and configuration would be:

  ./config-fast [machine-name]
  echo ":<IP of relay host>" > /var/qmail/control/smtproutes

See http://lifewithqmail.org/ for very simple instructions.

Charles
Charles Cazabon                             <mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
GPL'ed software available at:     http://www.qcc.ca/~charlesc/software/