Re: mutt+gpg: signature verification reports 'PGP signature could NOT be verified'

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 12:42:35AM -0500, Todd wrote:

> I'm guessing somewhat here, but seeing Attachment #1 with a type of
> multipart/signed makes me think that the message you're verifying
> might have come from a mailing list, like mailman, that adds a footer
> and then changes the content-type of the message to multipart/mixed.
>
> Is that guess at all close?

I think you have indeed nailed the problem.

I have noticed the problem of mails, but all seems to have gone
through mailing lists.

I tested with a mail sent directly to myself and there I correctly get
the message that the mail was successfully verified.

Thanks

/Peter
--
http://www.linearity.org/turtle/contact.html
``If we're an arrogant nation, they'll resent us.