Re: traditional PGP

Thomas Klausner wrote:
> I'm trying to get mutt to recognize "traditional" PGP
> messages.
>
> On the web I found some procmail rules, and also that "newer"
> mutts supposedly don't need this.

Yep, that's true.

> So I tried mutt-1.5.4i. The help page (`?') contains
> the check-traditional-pgp function that I found mentioned
> on the web, but when I press <Esc>P, I only get
>       Threading is not enabled.

Are you sure you're using an uppercase P there?  It seems like you
might be using <Esc>p, which is bound to the previous-subthread
function by default.

Here's what my help shows for both <Esc>P and <Esc>p:

<Esc>P       check-traditional-pgp   check for classic pgp
<Esc>p       previous-subthread      jump to previous subthread

To get mutt to check for traditional pgp messages you would really by
pressing <Esc> and then <Shift>p.  I think I was burned by this one
way back for a bit.

Since this all gets old if you get a lot of mail signed using
traditional, inline pgp, you might really like Derek Martin's handy
pgp-auto-decode patch.  See http://www.pizzashack.org/mutt/ for that.
I find it invaluable.

It's important that people know what you stand for.  It's more
important that they know what you won't stand for.