Re: search email in index by a header

Asif --

...and then Asif Iqbal said...
%
% David T-G wrote:
% >
% > Ah; those are patterns that you use with search and limit functions.  So
% > let's back up to how you search by subject or body.  I'm particularly
% > interested in how you search by body.
%
% On index or pager I hit / to search by subjext and <ESC>b to search by
% body. However I am still not successful in searching by header

OK; you're pretty close, so I'll take you the rest of the way :-)  After
the /, which starts a search, put in a pattern, like ~h, and then the
text for which you're searching.  You can string them togehter, too; to
look for a message from me in the first hundred messages in your current
sort order, for instance, you'd put in

  / ~f davidtg ~m<100

and hit enter.

HTH & HAND