Re: How to disable passphrase prompt

Adam, et al --

...and then Szilveszter Adam said...
%
% [Posting from my other addy, seems the previous one was not on the list
% oops]

Glad to see you're here somehow...

%
% On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 11:45:29AM -0500, David T-G wrote:
% > I -- a near anarchist, mind you -- foresee the days ahead when digital
% > signatures will become commonplace, a digitally signed string of bits
% > will be legally and contractually as binding and as valid as an ink-signed
% > piece of paper, and someone will have to defend himself against a false
% > charge by relying on the presence or absence of a digital signature.
%
% This is happening right now. In my bread-earning job I have to do with the
% "how to make this happen" on a daily basis.

Which part(s) hypothesized above?  And is there any move toward doing so
which preserves personal & political freedom and the like?

%
% But this is why merely saying "this message comes from the same person
% who usually goes by the handle Blue Cow" is not sufficient IMHO. To make

Why not?  If all you know, and all about which you care, is that handle,
then it doesn't matter who Blue Cow *really* is (again with the quotes
implied).

% it binding, you have to establish a linkage between at least an identity
% and a signing key, for which the PGP web-of-trust or CA or other models
% exist. Without either, a signature is just that: a string of bytes.

Hmmm...  No, I won't go that far...  I would accept that signed messages
sent from someone who has no way to contact others for valid key exchange
are nonetheless from that person.  Whether or not I would do business
with him or put my life in his hands are a different matter, but the sig
is not useless.

%
% --
% Regards: