Re: How to disable passphrase prompt

* Michael Herman <michael-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-02-04 21:06]:
> On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 02:55:23PM -0500, David T-G wrote:
> >
> >% I need some help with mutt/gpg. I am sending my email with autosign.
> >Now % how do I disable the Enter PGP Passphrase prompt since I do not
> >use it ?
> >
> >How do you sign your messages without entering a passphrase?
> >

> And a better question, how do I know that the signature is yours since
> you have no passphrase and therefore no security?

He said he was he.  Is it important?

I understand pgp/gpg/signing an _important_ document or transfer of
money, etc.  I don't understand the need for security for chit-chat.

When I talk to a stranger or a new acquantience, I do not request
presentation of his drivers-license and/or social security card.

I believe that +95% of the secure signing of mail list traffic is
unwarranted and completely unnecessary baggage.

Note:  I did not say there was not a need.