Re: How to disable passphrase prompt

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 11:56:36AM +0100, Jan Minar wrote:
On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 02:47:25AM -0600, Michael Herman wrote:
On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 09:32:42PM -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
>When I talk to a stranger or a new acquantience, I do not request
>presentation of his drivers-license and/or social security card.

Of course not but that is a face to face conversation.  At some point in a
conversation, if you plan to carry on a relationship with someone, you obtain some verification of being; a phone number, address,

In fact, it's rather like Alice dates Bob and Bob arrives, and he is one
foot taller, has a different face, different voice timbre, etc.  In
fact, he's not Bob, he's Mallory.  Digital signatures serve as an
equivalent to the traits we make use of to maintain our acquaintances'
identity on a day-by-day basis.

Thank you.  That's a much better way to put it.

--
Michael