[OT] display_filter+w3m Rocks (was: Re: Signature hilighting)

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 11:23:35PM -0500, Allister MacLeod wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 28, 2003 at 09:46:56AM +0200, Denis V. Lozko wrote:

> > Hello, there!
> > is it my incorrect signature or bug in mutt?
> > a see colored only
> > --
> > <esc>
> > but lines
> > :r ~/.signature<cr>
> > :x!<cr>
> > are not hilighted
>
> Well.. I was able to make them all colored as signatures by setting
> $quote_regexp to "<:" so that it matched all the lines of your
> signature.  My guess is that the non-alphabetic characters at the
> beginnings of the lines are confusing the parser that does the
> coloration.  Perhaps they are causing the lines to be classified as
> something other than "quote", "normal", or "header", so when it goes
> through to see if they can be part of the signature, it ignores them,
> assuming they must be special somehow.  That's the only explanation I
> can come up with so far.

<plug type="shameless">
There's one more reason to use my displayfilter [1] to colorize your
messages instead of Mutt's pager ;-P
</plug>

Note that you'll need a pager that correctly interprets (or ignores, and
lets your tty driver interpret) ANSI escape sequences.  (Mutt's pager +
allow_ansi is too buggy to be useful, and it's not likely to be fixed
anytime soon.)  Since such a pager will obviously be external (w3m, in
my case, but less -r also works, as well as more, cat (rather skimpy,
eh?), and many other popular pagers with appropriate options), you'll
probably run into trouble if you use IMAP.  <plug type="shameless">My
New Years post "IMAP Lives!" solves that problem, too.</plug>

 - Dave

[1]
http://www.bigfatdave.com/dave/mutt/muttdir/displayfilter

Please visit this link: