Re: hook for not editing email

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 06:04:54PM +0200, Miki Tebeka wrote:

> Hello All,
Hi, Miki :-)

> When I send short messages that all the mail is in the subject I append
> <eom> at the end of the subject, this way the recipient know he/she doesn't
> need to open the mail.
> Example:
> Subject: Meeting delayed to 15:30 <eom>
>
> I'd like mutt not to open the editor when I the subject line ends with
> <eom>, is this possible?

Simple: do this in your muttrc:
set editor="muttedit"

...where muttedit is a cool little script:
#!/bin/sh

file=$1
if egrep "^Subject:" $file | egrep -q "<eom>\$" ; then
 true
else
 vi $file
fi

Note that your muttedit can do a lot more, by simply editing the script.

 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel