Re: selecting : white spaces at then end of body lines

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003, David Yitzchak Cohen wrote:

> > A: This has to do with handling of the bce terminal attribute, or lack
> >    thereof by default in screen. You can enable bce on a per-user basis by
> >    adding the following to your .screenrc:
> >
> >    defbce on
> >    term screen-bce
>
> Okay, now this is really interesting: I just checked on my running
> screens, and none of them have bce on.  Why don't I get the funky spaces
> at the end of lines, then?

perhaps we're talking about two different methods for select/paste.
I assumed he was using xterm and using a mouse.  You appear to be
talking about screen's support for select/paste.  screen knows what
it thought it wrote to the screen - it doesn't have to send extra
blanks.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net