Re: Pager Breaks Colors

On Sat, Dec 27, 2003 at 09:21:00PM -0500, David Yitzchak Cohen wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 26, 2003 at 04:01:23PM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> > On Fri, 26 Dec 2003, David Yitzchak Cohen wrote:

> > > Oh, whoops ... by the time I attached the file, my debugging setup had
> > > already overwritten the file with a new message.  This time, I believe
> > > I'm attaching the right one.  (My email address is also broken in the
> > > middle of coloring, I just noticed, BTW.)
> >
> > Perhaps the ^[[0;;0m confuses the logic - that's redundant, and omits
> > a parameter.  "^[0m" would be sufficient.
>
> I assume you meant ^[[0m, and I made the change, just for kicks.
> Mutt's pager still screws everything up just the same as before :-(

I've now found even more interesting "features" of our pager.  A recent
mail from another list I'm on had email addys and the GPG stuff all
colored either purple or yellow depending on how far I was scrolled
down (switching back and forth every couple of lines scrolled).
I can bounce the email to anybody who wants to take a look with my
config (but based on the almost complete lack of replies to all my
(Whether I have my original ANSI sequences or the ones proposed above
makes no difference whatsoever, BTW.)  It's a rather neat visual effect,
but I find it very annoying when I'm trying to get useful information
quickly by color-coding, to have the colors be less reliable than the
elvis syntax-highlighting mode.  Perhaps there should be an option
like all_your_colorz_are_mine, but it should definitely be set to "no"
by default.

Thanks again, Thomas, for at least trying,
 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel