muttquery

I have written a program to query my palm pilot address book (or the
backup file for it - AddressDB.pdb or whatever it is called) and have
bound it to the mutt Query function (^Q).

Its insanely useful!

Anyway,  have situations in OTHER programs where I have to look up email
addresses, on occasion, and it'd be REALLY handy if instead of looking
up and getting the output like this:

Searching through 475 addresses in pilot address book.
frayah@xxxxxxxxxxx      Anne Oberin
rb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx       Penguin Ricky Buchanan
Colin.Oberin@xxxxxxxxxx Colin Oberin    Dad Father
kase@xxxxxxxx   Hayden Oberin
kaysik@xxxxxxxxxx       Ptolemy Oberin

Then for cases where there's >1 entry, I'd like mutt's
query-answer-choosing program to come up, let me choose the answer, and
return it to stdout like, for example

rb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

still using the previous example.  And, like with mutt, in the previous
example it would automatically choose and return one address if the
query program returned only one.

Possible to do/access from the command line?  How hard/easy to hack up
a part of Mutt to do it as a standalone program, would people think?

Regards,
Ricky

--
: Usual state:  (e) None of the above.