Re: keyservers (was 'Re: pgp- check soooooo "lasy"')

On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 07:35:51AM -0500, David T-G wrote:
> ...and then David Yitzchak Cohen said...

> % Just out of curiosity, does anybody here run his own keyserver solely
> % for this purpose, simply adding any interesting keys to the keyserver?
>
> No for sensibility reasons; why would you, when you'd have to first go
> and get the keys from somewhere else anyway and then pull them to your
> own ring to use as usual?

Well, I meant something more along the lines of having procmail
automatically fetch all keys used to sign incoming messages and dump
them in your private keyserver.  You then don't need to touch an outside
keyserver when you want to verify an email, but your keyring isn't
automatically polluted, either.

> Or did you mean a full-fledged synchronizing keyserver?  No to that, too,
> for practicality reasons; it might be nice, but at the very least I don't
> have the space for it.  IIRC the key DB is around 7G -- and if that's
> correct that was a couple of years ago at best anyway.

No no, that'd be just plain crazy.  (You think I'm THAT crazy?)

 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel