Re: Newbie's -How to can I make use of mutt?

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 11:46:03AM +0900, Rommel Ikeda wrote:

> Thanks for any help, advice, or guidances...

You should start out by reading the manual cover-to-cover, especially
the reference section at the end.  Once you've done that, you'll start
getting ideas for how you might want to use Mutt, so it's time to head
over to http://wiki.mutt.org and try to find pointers from others who've
tried your chosen path.  After reading through a few accounts, you'll
probably decide "cool, I wanna try it!" or "damn, maybe I should try a
simpler config first. . ." in which case you'll want to go back to step 1
(above) again.

Once you've found a path you like, copy/paste and/or code your config
files (be sure to comment your RC files, so it's easy to figure out what
you meant to do with any given command), and then try using your Mutt.
When you discover snags, reread the appropriate sections of the manual,
and if that fails to help, post a question here.  (You're not expected
to know everything in the Wiki before posting a question here, but if
you've got the time, please do us all a favor, and try to find help
in the Wiki.  If you want to do us an even bigger favor, post your
question and self-found answer here, so others don't have to repeat
your research.  A neat side effect, BTW, is that guys here may point
out more interesting gunk related to your post, especially if the answer
you found is out-of-date - which tends to happen a lot on the Wiki.)

HTH,
 - Dave

--

http://www.bigfatdave.com/dave/mutt/  <-- My Mutt config ... what's a GUI?