Re: Binding backspace key while using screen

Jacek --

...and then Jacek Masiulaniec said...
%
% Hello,

Hi!

%
% I'm having problem using mutt + screen. I don't know whether it is a mutt or
% screen problem, but I decided to ask here.

It's sort of a screen problem, but really just an stty problem.

%
% I've bound a backspace key to a previous-line function in my .muttrc like
% this:
%
% bind pager "<backspace>" previous-line
%
% But, unfortunetaly, it doesn't work. :( Well, it works under a normal
[snip]

That's because screen has mapped the key over in the top right of your
keyboard differently than you expect.  You might try "stty -a" to see
what erase thinks it is and then type "echo" and space and ctrl-v and
backspace and hit return and see what it is -- probably ^? ('delete',
IIRC) instead of ^H ('backspace') is my guess.  Of course, I'd also guess
that Thomas Dickey will have the most complete answer on the matter, but
this paltry attempt might be enough for you.

HTH & HAND & Happy Holidays

:-D
(play) davidtg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx * society and not sufficient moral courage.
(work) davidtgwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  -- Mary Baker Eddy, "Science and Health"