I want to strip SIGs from emails I read

Please include me in the reply; I'm not on list.  I'm on several high-volume
mailing
lists and having to read SIGs 200 times a day is maddening.  It breaks my
concentration
and is unrelated to why I'm reading the list.

I've helped the problem a bit by adding: "color signature black black" to my
.muttrc.

I'd like to make a patch to mutt for myself to replace what mutt thinks is a
signature
with "[sig]" or something, both in the pager and in the editor.

Where can I change mutt to do this?  Or are there scripts I could run through
procmail
to eliminate SIGs?

-Thanks