Re: Composing chain letter

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 08:47:43PM +0100, Zbynek Houska wrote:

> is there any possibility to compose and send chain letter using external
> file (which contains names) or database? I would preferably send
> separate message to each of recipient instead of having multiple
> recipients.

Isn't it easier to compose the message to $$$$$ instead, and then save
it to a temporary mbox?  Then, do something like this:

for blah in `cat email_list` ; do
 sed 's/$$$$$/'$blah/ <temp_mbox | sendmail -t ;
done

Note that this will fail if email_list contains multiword emails (for
instance, "John Smith <john@xxxxxxxxx>"), so you'll need to get a little
more creative in parsing the file (i.e., a plain old for loop won't
quite do the trick).  If there's interest, I'll post the PERL version
I did for a SPAMming project a while ago :-)

 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel