Re: Reconnecting to imap folders

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 05:03:09PM -0200, Rodrigo Bernardo Pimentel wrote:
>         I have two different imap folders (in different servers) which I
> access frequently, and are listed with the "mailboxes" command.
>
>         After some time using them, I noticed that, if I lose connection to
> any of them (for whatever reason), telling mutt to access
> "imaps://server/INBOX" doesn't force a reconnection, mutt instead shows me
> "no mailbox" and leaves it at that. No matter how many times I change
> folders and return to imaps://... , I still get "no mailbox", mutt doesn't
> even try to reconnect.
>
>         I couldn't find a way to force reconnection, except leaving mutt
> and entering it again. Am I missing something?

Same here, sort of. Either I get the described behaviour, or mutt will say
"sasl authentication failed". The trick here is that I use different sasl
authentication mechanisms for these servers: one is via GSSAPI, and the
other one uses DIGEST-MD5. If I loose the connection to the latter one,
when I try to reconnect the password (which is asked again) is said to
always be incorrect. I have to quit and restart mutt.

Mutt version here is 1.5.5.1, sasl is 2.1.15 and the imap server is
cyrus-imapd-2.1.16.