Re: automating list subscribe/unsubscribe

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 05:31:11PM +0100, A. Pagaltzis wrote:
> * Matt Price <matt.price@xxxxxxxxxxx> [2003-12-02 17:10]:
> > Has anyone done such athing, either in mutt or with someo
> > thertool?
>
> This should get you on your way - pipe the message into:
>
> formail -cxlist-unsubscribe: | sed 's/.*<mailto:\([^>]*\).*/\1/'

ooh la la, I like it.

> It'd also be possible to detect whether a message is coming from
> a ezmlm- or majordomo-driven list by looking at which headers get
> generate, and automatically send the right majordomo command.

... so is it a secret?  that sounds good!  One thing I guess I don't
know how to do is add an automatically-generated message to a mail
queue.  Coolest thing would be to just be able to invoke a macro which
parsed the message, decided on the appropriate command, and (maybe)
automatically sent the message for me -- though since one often has to
send a password with these commangs, this may not be so easy to do.

Anyway, I'll work on it a bit...

thx,

matt