automating list subscribe/unsubscribe

hey folks,

I've noticed I've been spending a lot of time subscribing and
unsubscribing to mailmainn-run lists.  I keep thinking there must be a
way to automate or semiautomate this process.  I'd like to take, say,
a list of mailing lists and automatically generate unsubscribe
messages to be sent to the mailing list request address; or
alternatively, a macro that reads the "list-unsubscribe" header and
sends a message directly to that address with a single keystroke.

Has anyone done such athing, either in mutt or with someo thertool?

thanks much,

matt