Re: Backlogging Mutt? (was: Re: Different colours in indicator line)

G'day René,

Sorry, the lack of seriousness of my reply obviously didn't translate
too well...

* René Clerc <rene@xxxxxxxx> [031201 11:50]:
> >    "Please do not distribute this patch without my permission."
>
> That doesn't mean you can't download and apply it..

Indeed.  If only it was (obvious) that it worked with a newer
release.  (I've not got the time nor inclination to check that it is
consistent with 1.5.x.)

> > Giving him the benefit of the doubt, we should wait to hear why the
> > patch is so important.   :-)
>
> My guess is that he doesn't want this bloat to show up in
> distributions, due to an over-active maintainer or such..

That's the plan I guess.  The source is "taint"ed so distribution of
the patched mutt is not all GPLed.  However, I can't really see the
point.  Caveat emptor and all that.

S.