Re: one questions about header

Re: Jinsong Zhao in <20031123174636.2694.qmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Here, assuming my host domain is "yur.snoopy.org", so the root's email
> address is root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx However, it's not a real email address.
> I hope the email of root is be replyed to zjs@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

to start with, you should not send mail as the root user. Use your own
account for that. But anyway:

> When the root sent a email to a user of the host, snoopy, and the
> replyed email by snoopy is sent to zjs@xxxxxxxxxxxx But if root sent a
> email to outside friend, zhao, for example, at zhao@xxxxxxxxxxx And the
> replyed email by zhao is sent to root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx It should be
> noted that zhao received his email using outlook under windowz.
>
>  I hope to know why there is a difference, and how to make all the
> replyed email is sent to zjs@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[...]

> my ~/.muttrc is just as the following several lines, and all the others
> is set to default:

Does root also use these settings?

> And the detailed header of email received by snoopy is:

Is that the reply you get from your friend? I'm confused because if you
use a local domain name, how can the mail arrive at snoopy?

> >From root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Sat Nov 22 04:15:08 2003
[...]

Christoph
--
Christoph Berg <cb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, http://www.df7cb.de/
Wohnheim D, 2405, Universität des Saarlandes, 0681/9657944