Re: From: is getting "re-written" with what was in the received mail

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 11:00:07PM -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * henry nelson <iiii@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [11-24-03 21:55]:
> > How do I force Mutt to use _my_ system-default name, or stipulate a
> > name, to put in the From: header?  TIA
>
> in your .muttrc,
> set hdrs      # include 'my_hdr' lines in outgoing messages
> my_hdr From: Patrick Shanahan <BraveToPut@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Okay, I guess I did know about this.  (But thanks just the same.)

How about the first question, is there a way to put the system default
in there, and definitely not invoke the To:<=>From: conversion that Mutt
is doing?

Also, I don't really want to muck with the address part, only the personal
name (often between quotes).  If I use "my_hdr" looks to me like I have
to fill in the complete header, or else.

Finally, while I'm on the "my_hdr" and "From:" topic, does someone know a
way I could change the "From:" header according to the language of the
message, other than hand editing (which is what I'm doing now)?

henry