From: is getting "re-written" with what was in the received mail

Up until now I've been using Mutt in a "protected environment", i.e., with
people who use Mutt themselves or are fairly savvy Unix users.  Now that
I'm using Mutt to reply to mail sent by Micro$oft Outlook junkies, I'm
bumping up against a couple of unpleasantries.  One thing that's really
disturbing is that a 'r'eply from Mutt sticks in not the default user
name (the one defined in /etc/passwd ?), but rather the name that was put
in by the mail from the Windoze user.  In English it's not so terrible
to add a prefix to your name, e.g., "Mr. So-n-so", but in Japanese it's
a serious breach of etiquette.

How do I force Mutt to use _my_ system-default name, or stipulate a name,
to put in the From: header?  TIA

henry nelson