Re: opening pdf attachments

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 12:31:13PM +0100, Tom Koornwinder wrote:
:
: Some pdf attachments I receive under mutt (on Sun/solaris),
: I can immediately view by doing return on the appropriate line
: describing the attachment: it opens the pdf file in acroread.
: With some other pdf attachments this lets me only view the code.
:
: For instance, here is the start of a pdf attachment which did not open
: in a proper way:
:
: --=====001_Dragon154418242456_=====
:       filename="ZhanLiang-Resume(general).pdf"
:
[...]
:
: So the Content-Type was originally given as application/octet-stream,
: but the filename with .pdf suffis is also given there.  and the second
: time as application/pdf
:
: Is there a way around that I can open all received pdf attachments
: from within mutt?

I asked a similar question just a few days ago, and received a helpful
reply from Gary Johnson:

        http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mutt-users&m=106922131610188&w=2

If this question pops up frequently, maybe it should be added to the
Mutt FAQ...?