Re: Creating new directories from within mutt - how?

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 11:10:15AM -0500, David T-G wrote:

> %
> % Is there any way to create new directories when within mutt?
>
> Sure.  Do anything you want with the shell-escape function (bound for me
> to a !).

Another neat option for frequent external commands is modifying one of
my own macros a bit:

$ grep "vi " ~/.mutt/keymaprc.qwerty
macro generic \cv "<shell-escape>vi ~/.mutt/" "Edit configuration"
macro index \cv "<shell-escape>vi ~/.mutt/" "Edit configuration"
macro pager \cv "<shell-escape>vi ~/.mutt/" "Edit configuration"

Now, when I hit ^V I get myself a nice shell command already half-typed
for me; all I need to do is either complete it, or edit it to my taste
(^W == convenient to fully toss the existing pathname).

 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel