centralized addressbook musing

I've been musing about a centralized address book.  Wouldn't it be nice
if you had one address book that you access from multiple locations (say
work and home)?

Being a big fan of website database applications I thought about a mysql
address book with a webpage front end.  With proper security you could
access it from any web browser.

This pleased me but, then I thought.  How can I add this to my favourite
mail client?  How could I query addresses remotely using Mutt?

Thoughts?

--
Neil Watson               | Gentoo Linux
Network Administrator     | Uptime 12 days