Re: Fun with Header Weeding

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 05:44:54AM -0500, David T-G wrote:

> % Hmm ... that's interesting ... I guess that's more efficient from within
> % a macro, but from the keyboard hh (HH in my config) seems so much easier
> % than <-,-> (or hl in my config).
>
> That would call them twice, since you'd be displaying the previous
> message (and what's with the arrow keys? real men don't even MENTION
> arrow keys! ;-)  I prefier i<enter> to jump back to the index and then
> into the message again if I really need to redisplay.

I didn't know off-hand the default keybindings involved, and I wouldn't
be surprised if many others don't know them intuitively at first.  (I,
after all, had been using those keybindings for years, until I left ELM.
Most others here didn't even have that going for them.)  No matter what
keybinding you're using, though, toggling the header weeding twice will
be a double keystroke (assuming you don't have macros rebinding stuff,
of course), whereas going back to the index and then returning to
the message probably won't be.  A double keystroke is always quicker,
given a fast enough computer.  In our particular case, a Xeon 466 (two
450 CPUs (slightly OCed), but Mutt can only use one at a time) is fast
enough so HH works faster than hl for me.  I'm sure most of you have
much faster systems.

 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel