Re: compile on Solaris 8 with gcc 3.2.2

* On 2003.11.01, in <Pine.BSI.4.53.0311010759120.7791@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
*       "Thomas Dickey" <dickey@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I seem to recall reading that Sun doesn't provide any static libraries in
> Solaris 9 and up.

There are still static libraries, and it's still possible (though harder
all the time) to link static execs. Sun did dispose of static builds of
certain libraries in Solaris 8, esp. ones that they felt ought only to
be used with runtime linkage, but I'm not aware of there being fewer
now.

My reference system still has 9 beta on it, but I don't think the
releases are different.

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx
 University of Chicago > NSIT > VDN > ENSS > ENSA > You are here