Re: Another GnuPG Problem

Piotr Jakubowicz wrote:
> It looks that ESC-P has solved the problm when it comes to the decoding
> of the mail in mutt.

Cool.  When you get sick of hitting that key sequence, look for
Derek's patch.

> Is there anything my freind could do in order to modify his format
> to standarad notation? I have sent his header to this newsgroup in
> one of my former emails.

Your friend appears to be using Mozilla with the Enigmail plpugin, so
he could send messages to you using the PGP/MIME format.  If he can do
this for you and still send using the inline style for other
recipients, that would probably be best for him.  Otherwise, he'll
appease you and irritate the rest of his openpgp using friends.  I
wish that PGP/MIME was supported widely enough to be able to use it
all the time, but I don't think it is.

I currently send mostly using the inline style except to the
mutt-users list and any personal correspondents whom I know to have
PGP/MIME capable MUA's (using send-hooks).  I also set up a few
message-hooks to match headers of these MUA's to try and automate this
a little for when I reply to people.  Maybe you'll find them helpful
(or you'll see a better solution and pass it on).

# create traditional (inline) pgp messages by default, but use pgp/mime for
# MUA's that handle it (except for known lists (other than mutt-users))
message-hook ~A                         'set pgp_create_traditional=yes'
message-hook '~h (X-Mailer:.*Evolution\|User-Agent:\ Mutt) !~l' \
                                        'set pgp_create_traditional=no'
message-hook '~h x-enigmail-supports:.*pgp-mime ! ~l' \
                                        'set pgp_create_traditional=no'
message-hook '~h Content-Type:.*multipart/(encrypted\|signed.*application/pgp)
! ~l' \
                                        'set pgp_create_traditional=no'
message-hook '~C mutt-users@xxxxxxxx'   'set pgp_create_traditional=no'

The worst tyrants are those which establish themselves in our own
breasts.
    -- William Ellery Channing