Re: VFolders?

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:35:28PM +0100, Lewis Thompson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just installed Evolution for the good calendaring support but
> checked out the MUA too.  I've just used VFolders for the first time
> and I was struck by the complex rules that can be written
> (specifically the ability to have all ``new'' mail appear in a single
> folder).

What, you thought they thought of the feature all by themselves? :)

'l' gives you "limit view to mails matching a pattern". And with mutt
you can match almost everything. So use that with macros.

>   Is anything like this possible with mutt?  It'd be really cool if it
>   was.  If not, does anybody have any suggestions for else I might go
> about providing a similar solution?

Here's two of mine:

macro index \`n l(~Cdroux@xxxxxxxxxx\\|acolyte.co.za)(~N|~O)\n
macro index \`de l~Cdebian-user\n

So pressing backtick and n gives me all new mail in my IMAP folder that
was addressed to me and that is new or unread.

Pressing backtick followed by de gives me just the mails to debian-user.

I have a two letter combination for all the major lists I'm on.

--
Danie Roux *shuffle* Adore Unix