Re: Problems with encrypted and signed mails

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 07:48:07PM -0400, David T-G wrote:
> % when I sign or encrypt messages, people complain about an incorrect
>
> What mail problems (er, programs -- what a Freudian slip! :-) are these
> people using?

mutt for instance. I have the same problem when I read my mails with
slrn (mailinglists via NNTP).

[ ... ]

> How are you signing your mails (this one was MIME rather than in
> outhouse-style compat mode)?  Do these users have MIME-aware mail
> readers?  If you put a space at the end of the line or an equal anywhere
> in a line do they show up, when the message is read, as the escape codes
> or the proper chars?

I sign my mails usually with PGP/MIME. I don't like the plaintext mode
:-) A friend of mine who uses mutt complained about the speperator. And
I think mutt is quite MIME compatible.

> % How can I get rid of this?
>
> I don't know that you need to.  gpg couldn't find a key for you before I
> gave up but the message decodes correctly so that your sig separator is
> displayed as "dash dash space".  From what [little] I see here, mutt is
> doing a fine job and needs no fixing.

Hm, no idea why it works for you and not for others.

Thanks for your replies.
Florian.
--
Florian Unglaub                               GnuPG Key ID: FE3A7C44
<u0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          http://rootofallevil.net/flo.pub.asc