Re: removing list tags

Hello Ronald,

 On Friday, October 10, 2003 at 6:17:16 PM -0700, Ronald J. Roy wrote:

> Is there any way to remove list tags from the subject with
> folder-hooks?

    Take a look at the Japanese patch from Takashi Takizawa at
<URL:http://www.emaillab.org/mutt/download14.html>. One of the numerous
features included in patch-1.4.tt.ja.1 could be good for you:

|       $delete_prefix  boolean, default off
| If set, prefix in Subject: field generated by some mailing lists
| (something like "Subject: [foo-ML:0012] real-subject") can be deleted
| when displaying in index-mode and editing in message reply. Deletion
| pattern can be configured by $delete_regexp variable.
|
|       $delete_regexp  default "^(\\[[A-Za-z0-9_.: \\-]*\\][ ]*)"
| A regular expression used in $delete_prefix function.

    I use the patch, but didn't test this function. One big advantage
over procmail solutions is that you don't modify definitively the
original mailbox, it's just a hide on display function you can always
switch on and off at will.

Bye!    Alain.