Re: faster spamassassin macro?

Hi!

(This mail might appear a second time later ... wrong send-hook :-/)

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 12:18:40AM +0200, Joel Aufrecht wrote:
> There are two problems.  First, even if I put two ^ms in the macro, I
> still have to manually hit return at the "Press any key to
> continue..." prompt to exit the shell.  So it's a two-step process
> instead of one-step.

There's a flag for this in man muttrc. Don't remember its name.

> Second, the whole thing takes a few seconds, so it's annoying to tag
> spam in my inbox.  Is there some way to spin this off in the
> background so that it doesn't interrupt mail reading?  Or,
> second-best, a way to batch-process a bunch of tagged messages through
> spam-assassin and then delete them?

Second-best is posible:

- Tag the mails
- Hit the key you assigned to process the next function on all tagged
  mails (it's ';' here)
- Pipe (|) it to sa-learn --mbox --spam

HTH

A.

PS: I tag them, put them into a SPAM file, and after reading mails I
run this small script:

#!/bin/sh
sa-learn --mbox --spam --showdots ~/Mail/SPAM  && \
cat ~/Mail/SPAM >> ~/Mail/saved-spam && > ~/Mail/SPAM

--
The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the
difference between lightning and the lightning bug.