faster spamassassin macro?

Hi,

I use spamassassin, and still get a fair number of false negatives -
ie, spam in my inbox.  I use this command in muttrc to assign a micro
to process them:

macro index S "|/usr/bin/sa-learn --spam --no-rebuild --single^md"

It pipes the message body to spamassassin, which trains the Bayes
filter (which doesn't seem to work) and reports the spam (which
requires configuration and doesn't seem to work), and then then it
wants two carriage returns, one for spam assassin and the other to
exit the shell.  The final "d" deletes the offending message.

There are two problems.  First, even if I put two ^ms in the macro, I
still have to manually hit return at the "Press any key to
continue..." prompt to exit the shell.  So it's a two-step process
instead of one-step.  Second, the whole thing takes a few seconds, so
it's annoying to tag spam in my inbox.  Is there some way to spin this
off in the background so that it doesn't interrupt mail reading?  Or,
second-best, a way to batch-process a bunch of tagged messages through
spam-assassin and then delete them?

Thanks,

Joel