Re: gpg error

Quoting Bryan Bibb (bryan.bibb@xxxxxxxxxx):
> > Just something that I noticed. Are those ^M's really Control-M
> > characters, or are they a ^ character followed by a M character?
> Hmmm... I just noticed those.  I saved a text file containing my PGP
> signature from within my sent folder, and then compared it with the
> same signature that came back to me (saved from the web in Mozilla,
> which thought it was a binary executable).  The original one from mutt
> was clean in vim, and the one I saved from the server had the ^M
> characters (though I didn't see a DOS identification or anything).

But... Are they ^ followed by M or Control-M characters? :)
If they are ^, M, then that's the cause of your problems, and then you
can create a filter that filters out those characters before feeding it
to gpg to verify.

> 1) where along the path is my mail getting mangled.

Only you can find out by asking the people responsible for managing the
servers along the path. It would be wise asking only those of hosts that
really matter.

> Has anyone tried to verify a signed message from me?

It works. I don't have your key, but mutt detects the signature and gpg
finds valid GPG data.

> > If I were you i'd take my mail elsewhere :)
> Indeed!  Does anyone know of good third-party mail hosting companies?

Uhm. No, I don't :|  I'm on my own server :)

Sander.