Re: duplicate messages

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 01:31:10PM -0400, Adam Kosmin wrote:

> Lately I've been seeing alot of duplicate messages in my mailboxes.

I had the same problem. It was caused by a combination of my slow machine I
use for recovering mail and the overhead of SpamAssassin. I had fetchmail
polling my server every 10 mins, but sometimes there was so much mail at the
server that it wasn't all picked up within the 10 min slot - so _another_
fetchmail process was started. As the mail I'd already received hadn't been
cleared from the server, it was picked up again. I ended with _lots_ of dupes!
Problem solved by using spamd/spamc and svendeleter to ditch the Sven mails
at the server.

Hope this helps!

Regards: Jim Ford

--