Re: pine compability

Andrei --

...and then Andrei A. Voropaev said...
%
% On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 06:58:06AM -0400, David T-G wrote:
% > So why do you not get alerts?  Are the mails really dropping into the
% > mailboxes?  What format (mbox, Maildir, mmdf, mh)?  Local or remotely
% > mounted?
%
% Probably the section on "mailboxes" in TFM shall be studied (3.11) :)

Indeed.  Whether or not has done so, though, would probably come out in
his answers to those questions :-)

%
% [...]
% > The one thing I like about emacs is the purported ability to execute
% > commands in a buffer window rather than merely reading in the output of
% > learning emacs just for that ;-)  If vim CAN do this, though, I'd love
% > to hear about how (probably off-list to be kind to the rest of us).
%
% Wasn't that you who said that PINE is against UNIX philosophy in trying

Yep :-)

% to do what other programs can do better? ;-) I definetely prefer to
% EXECUTE commands in shell and not is some buffer window :)

Oh, it's absolutely rampantly abusive, but it's cool, so it's OK ;-)

%
% --
% Andrei

HAND