Re: wrap long lines?

* Jay Moore <jaymo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [2003-10-04 23:40]:
> hitmedia said:
>
> > How do I have my OUTGOING emails (things I type) automatically wrap
> > at a certain # of characters?
> >
> > Right now I'm using the default editor (vi) and just hit return when
> > it feels I've reached a goot place to hit return.  But I'd rather
> > just type away and let the program wrap it for me, before sending.
> >
> > Any hints?
>
> If you use pico as your editor:
>
> set editor="/usr/local/bin/pico -t -r72"

Since you are using vi you want to set 'textwidth'  It will break the
line at the first white space following the width you set.  For example
issue:
:tw 70

As an alternative, you could use 'wrapmargin', but I find it less
usable.  It is set to the number of characters from the *RIGHT* margin
to cause a line break to occur.  Also note that wrapmargin is ignored if
textwidth is set to anything other than 0 (zero).

Lou Losee