Re: whitelisting =sent addresses

Re: whitelisting =sent addresses [Alexy Khrabrov <braver@xxxxxxxxx>, Mon, Sep
29, 2003 at 03:13:04PM -0400, <20030929191304.GA3018%alexy.khrabrov@xxxxxxxxx>]
> An obvious way to descrease false negatives in spamfighting
> is to whitelist the trusted addresses and procmail-keep them
> before passing the rest through bogofilter or such.

You mean "false positives".

> An obvious list of the trusted addresses are those to whom
> you indeed sent anything!  And many save their outgoing mail
> in a =sent folder.

In times where viruses use other people's address books that is actually
a method to generate more false negatives. If one of the people in your
whitelist starts spilling out viruses, your filter won't notice. (Of
course I'm setting spam == viruses here.)

> Does anybody have a setup where mutt updates a whitelist
> when sending stuff?  Or, you can do it via a cron job
> scanning the =sent folder and updating a database for
> another script called from procmail...

(Nicolas already answered that.)

Christoph
--
Christoph Berg <cb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, http://www.df7cb.de/
Wohnheim D, 2405, Universität des Saarlandes, 0681/9657944