Re: Bouncing a PGP-encrypted message

David T-G wrote:

> > Is it possible to decrypt a PGP-encrypted message before bouncing?
>
> If (and that's a very big if) I were going to do this, I'd save-
> decode the message to a temporary mailbox or my current one, bounce
> it from there, and then delete it.

This is not a bad idea.

> > I know I can forward the decoded message, but in this case I'd
> > much prefer to bounce.
>
> Why send on in a way appearing to come from the original sender
> something which the original sender did no send?  In this case I
> should think it is quite sensible to forward or fake a reply in
> order to get the message contents off to a third party.

Your point is a good one.  But in this situation the mail message is
not encrypted by the sender.  I have procmail encrypt all mail that is
sent to me if it is not already encrypted.  So in the case of bouncing
a message, I wish to bounce only what was sent originally.

Thanks,

Steve