Scoring with X-Label

Hi,

[SUMMARY: Does the score function recognise a "~y" (X-Label) match?]

I'm trying to improve on the idea I found suggested at
http://www.ultraviolet.org/mail-archives/bogofilter.2003/1873.html,
which basically describes putting a spam filter's
"probability-of-being-spam" opinion of each message into mutt's index
view.

More specifically, I'm trying to get mutt to sort the "ham" mailbox by
increasing spamicity.  That way I can concentrate while reviewing the
first n'th of the mbox, and then relax a bit and delete with impunity
as I get further down the index.

Has anyone any comments on the following?  I'm assuming I can get
bogofilter to add its opinion of each message into X-Label: before it
gets into mutt.  I think I can set it up so that each message has an X-Label:
line like

and then give mutt the following folder-hooks:

---- BEGIN ----

folder-hook . ':set sort=threads'
folder-hook =spam/suspected ':set sort=reverse-score'

folder-hook . 'unscore *'

folder-hook =spam/suspected 'score ~y "city=1"   100'
folder-hook =spam/suspected 'score ~y "city=0\.9" 90'
folder-hook =spam/suspected 'score ~y "city=0\.8" 80'
... etc

folder-hook =spam/suspected 'score ~y "city=0\..9" 9'
folder-hook =spam/suspected 'score ~y "city=0\..8" 8'
folder-hook =spam/suspected 'score ~y "city=0\..7" 7'
... etc

---- END ----

My question is - does the ~y match work in this context?
The mutt manual (1.4.1) says

"note: For efficiency reasons, patterns which scan information not available in
the index, such as ~b, ~B or ~h, may not be used."

which seems to say that header (~h) information isn't available.

However, the documentation of index_format states that the following sequences
are allowed

"%y `x-label:' field, if present

%Y `x-label' field, if present, and (1) not at part of a thread
tree, (2) at the top of a thread, or (3) `x-label' is different
from preceding message's `x-label'."

... which might suggest that the X-Label (or is it x-label?) field /is/
"available" in the index.

Any thoughts?

More than that - is there a better way to achieve what I'm trying to do?
NB I'm explicitly trying to /avoid/ changing the message subject.

Thanks for any and all help!
jc

Rangemaster is a business name of AGA Consumer Products Ltd. Registered in
England. Registration No. 3872754.
Registered Office: 4 Arleston Way, Shirley, Solihull. B90 4LH. Part of AGA
Foodservice Group Plc.

This e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient and you have received this e-mail in error then any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and you should contact the sender by e-mail return and then delete
all the material. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of Rangemaster, this does not
form part of a legally binding agreement.

This email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of viruses,
we advise that you carry out your own virus checks. We cannot accept liability
for any loss or damage caused by viruses.

Rangemaster IT Support +44 01926 457400

itsupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx